Wednesday, August 25, 2010

My New Project

The flow is good these days (insert your own tampon joke here (insert your own “insert your own tampon joke here (insert your own “insert your own ‘insert your own -- Arggh! Must. Break. Meta. Loop.))). I’ve been writing as much as time allows.

Sadly, a few obstacles prevent me from maximizing my time spent working typing up a storm but most of those are short-term in nature (I’m looking at you unregistered vehicle, absence of laptop, and Grandma).

A few of the guys I work at the bar with know people who know people who know someone who is theoretically interested in finding screenplays on the cheap. And, well, I’d sell just about anything I own for a fifty dollar Subway gift card.

This has me working hard and fast, though, and that’s good. I’ve been working on a treatment/outline for a new horror flick for the past two weeks or so and I’m just about ready to start pounding it out for real and that's exciting.

It’s high concept with a low characters/locations count and those are two of the three most important ingredients to successfully selling your first screenplay. (The third is “not being a hack” and the jury is still deliberating on that one.)

More to come soon.

Pro Tip #37: Pooping is only a waste of time if you aren’t multitasking. Right up until it's time to wipe you could simultaneously write in your journal, work on a crossword puzzle, rehearse your next sales pitch, or call your Grandma. The possibilities are endless!

No comments: